Mercedes 190D 2,0 'Cocoon'

Diskutiere Mercedes 190D 2,0 'Cocoon' im 190er Klasse Forum im Bereich Mercedes-Fahrzeuge; About two weeks ago, I bought a Mercedes 190D 2,0 Cocoon. Can anyone provide me with more information about this 'Cocoon' thing ? The Cocoon is...

1. #1 Stijn Bagin, 18.05.2003
    Stijn Bagin

Stijn Bagin

About two weeks ago, I bought a Mercedes 190D 2,0 Cocoon. Can anyone provide me with more information about this 'Cocoon' thing ? The Cocoon is identified by a little oval symbol on the sides near the front wheelarch. I can send anyone more pics on demand... I hope you can tell me stuff about this edition because so far, no one can :) . Please let me know !

Further the car has an electric sunroof, a 5 gear transmission, wood finish, airbag, and green metallic colour ... and maybe other stuff I don't know about :))

2. #2 mike c200, 18.05.2003
    mike c200

mike c200

Auto:
    c200 esprit vollaustatung ( C36 projeckt ) Smart fortwo cabro 451
    Hi

I see your signup works :)
    Welcome to the board

Hmmm the first belguim menber here ;)

Greetingz,

Mike

3. #3 Schrauber-Jack, 19.05.2003
    Schrauber-Jack

Schrauber-Jack

Hi

can you make a picture to show it here in the board ?

you can add an image file with the button "dateianhang". or sent it to me with e-Mail (schrauberjack@web.de)

regards from germany !

thanks !

bye

4. #4 Stijn Bagin, 21.05.2003
    Stijn Bagin

Stijn Bagin

To prevent confusion I must say that those logos are probably something originally from MB and not from an aftermarket company. Because I have seen one other 190er with the same logo on it. That one altough was stached with options ... Airco, Electric Windows, Creme-coloured leather interiour + woodfinish, ABS, 5 geared, electric sunroof and a 1,8 E - engine with 109 hp...

I almost bought that one, but I didn't like the nose very much ... It had been hit by a car, and had been very poorly fixed... It looked more like a W123 than a 201 ;-)

5. #5 Schrauber-Jack, 22.05.2003
    Schrauber-Jack

Schrauber-Jack

Hi.

Yesterday i have upped the pics to my webspace:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I think, that the logos are from a special car-equipement shop or from an company, who sells their own style, like the "house tuners" here in germany.
    or an special car tuner has orderes a many of the same cars, like a special edition....

or from a company in the past, which has special cars for her employes.....

i think, that is not an original logo.....

regards

jack

6. #6 Stijn Bagin, 23.05.2003
    Stijn Bagin

Stijn Bagin

Ok the tuning company-thing, I can understand ... the only thing that bothers me then, is that there is 'visually' nothing 'tuned' about the car except for that simple logo.

Otherwise the 'company' reason I could agree to, if it weren't for the different engines on the 'cocoons'. I have a 2,0 Diesel, I've sat in the cocoon with the 1,8 E engine, and now I've seen another one in an add, in the newspaper, with a 2,5 turbodiesel. I don't find it very likely that one company would buy company cars with at least 3 different engine types ...

I'm going to check with my local dealer if he knows anything about it, or grab hold of the MB vehicle history .

Thanks for the hints and I'll defenitly keep you posted !!

7. #7 Stijn Bagin, 30.05.2003
    Stijn Bagin

Stijn Bagin

Ok, here is an update on the 'Cocoon' - thing ...

The Cocoon tag was used on some cars on the end of 92 and the begin of 93 ... That means you can find that on the W201 and on the W124 . :]

It is without a doubt something original from MB, altough my local dealer did not know whether it is something that was launched in Belgium alone or not ...

The specialities on the car are that the cocoon is finished in wood ... and that's it. Special is also the wooden gearshifter.

If anyone knows even more ... pleeze inform me ... :D

8. #8 Stijn Bagin, 28.06.2003
    Stijn Bagin

Stijn Bagin

The cocoon is the very last version of the W201-series, it was launched in the last weeks of W201 -production. A local guy here in antwerp could tell me this when I brought in the car for repairs ... He also brought to my attention that the cocoon-logo is also on the windows with 'a' number (mine's 268)

It is normally supposed to be stached with options, but it seems mine isn't ... The car should have come with electric windows, leather interior, airco ... It seems the person that originally bought my car, didn't want those ;(

Anyway, mystery solved ! So where are all you final-version cocoon-drivers ? :D

Stijn

9. jff2k

jff2k Moderator

Auto:
    '17 Touran 5T, '03 Yaris P1, '08 GSR 600 --- Historie: W201 2,6 - S202 C200K - S204 C180 M274
    Verbrauch:
    Kennzeichen:
    l Ö
    bw
    thx for this information! Didn't know there had been a final version...

Thema: Mercedes 190D 2,0 'Cocoon'
Besucher kamen mit folgenden Suchen
  1. 190e cocoon

Die Seite wird geladen...

Mercedes 190D 2,0 'Cocoon' - Ähnliche Themen

1. Mercedes A190 Bj. 2001

Mercedes A190 Bj. 2001: Hallo, ich habe mir vor kurzem mein ersten Mercedes gekauft. Es handelt sich um die A190 Baujahr 2001. Beim Kauf war selbstverständlich alles in...
  2. Kaufberatung – Mercedes Benz CLA 250 Shooting Brake Urban, Baujahr 2015.

Kaufberatung – Mercedes Benz CLA 250 Shooting Brake Urban, Baujahr 2015.: Kaufberatung – Mercedes Benz CLA 250 Shooting Brake Urban, Baujahr 2015. Hallo liebe Gemeinde, ich fahre zurzeit ein Mercedes Benz C300 T,...
  3. Mercedes SLK 171 Navigation Audio 50 APS 2010/211

Mercedes SLK 171 Navigation Audio 50 APS 2010/211: Hallo, die Navigation CD wird nicht erkannt. Obwohl CD eingelegt, kommt der Hinweis: "CD EINLEGEN". Ich habe weitere Versuche unternommen mit...
  4. Servopumpe Mercedes Benz GLK 320 CDI 4matic (X204) wechseln!

Servopumpe Mercedes Benz GLK 320 CDI 4matic (X204) wechseln!: Hallo, ich fahre im Titel genanntes Fahrzeug und möchte jetzt meine Servopumpe tauschen. Jemand eine Anleitung wie ich am besten vorgehe?...
  5. Felgen für Mercedes C-220CDI 204K

Felgen für Mercedes C-220CDI 204K: Hallo zusammen, Ich wollte mal anfragen ob die Mercedesfelge Evolution 17“ auf mein T- Modell passt???? [ATTACH]
  1. Diese Seite verwendet Cookies um Inhalte zu personalisieren. Außerdem werden auch Cookies von Diensten Dritter gesetzt. Mit dem weiteren Aufenthalt akzeptierst du diesen Einsatz von Cookies.
    Information ausblenden